Due Date: 03-May-2020
Return Date: 25-May-2020
Length: 2000 words (10-12 pages)
Submission method options: Alternative submission method
You are required to prepare for this Assessment Item by:
1. READING the Subject outline,
2. COMPLETING Topic 3, 4 and 5 on sections that discuss how to do an Annoatated
Bibliography and a Journal Synopsis paper.
WHAT TO DO: Tasks 1 and 2 below
TASK 1 25%
1. Write an Annotated Bibliography for your Capstone Topic with a collection of 12 articles following a set structure. The Annotated Bibliography is a critical examination of the most relevant and recent scholarly research on the topic area that is not just a summary of the articles you have read.
2. An Annotated Bibliography is a detailed analysis of sources that can be used later in an expanded Literature Review.
3. Use the latest online search tools (CSU PRIMO, Google Scholar, Online databases) and efficient bibliographic organisers – CSU supports the use of EndNote. (available on iPad). EndNote is a bibliographic citation program, allowing references and footnotes to be translated into a variety of standard formats.
4. As a CSU student you can download and install EndNote X7 for Windows or Mac OS platforms from https://online.csu.edu.au/division/dit/software/core.html
5. Ensure that the Annotated Bibliography submitted by you is your own work and has not been submitted elsewhere and comply with the University’s requirements for academic integrity.
6. You can get help in Building and Writing an Annotated Bibliography from several Topics in the ITC571 Interact2 site sidebar menu and other study advice and tips from:
1. Study Resources (PDF files to download): http://student.csu.edu.au/study/ resources
2. APA style Referencing from http://student.csu.edu.au/study/referencing-atcsu Example below shows APA6 style with 2nd and subsequent line indentation and use of DOI link to source if available:
3. The CSU Library website for LibGuides in Information Technology, Computing and Mathematics at http://libguides.csu.edu.au/cat.php?cid=66969
4. EndNote Bibliographic software and tutorials LibGuide at http://libguides.csu.edu.au/endnote
7. Review the emerging technology (use internet for journals, conference papers, magazines, news articles, online databases, eBooks) and submit a 12-article
Annotated Bibliography on your topic.
8. A good place to start a collection of articles in your annotated bibliography is via the PRIMO search tool located on the CSU Library website at http://www.csu.edu.au/division/library
9. Self-Evaluation Report on Originality (100-150 words)
a. Select an 1000-word sample of annotations text only (exclude references) from and submit it for testing at Turnitin turnitin.com
b. Save and append a copy of the originality report obtained.
c. Critically evaluate and interpret the originality report, from your context or point of view as your personal Self-Evaluation Report on Originality (100-150 words).
10. NOTE: Tasks 1 and 2 (below) can be appended into the one document and submitted via EASTS as PDF or other document format