Assignment Sample - Internet Usage
a) Compare and interpret these numbers with the above-mentioned numbers
The statistics that have been presented above and the statistics that are derived from the sources indicate from the years 2005 to 2017 indicates that the number of internet users globally has grown from 3.39 billion to 3.58 billion as per the previous years before 2005. This indicates that the rate of growth in internet users is not growing at a higher rate than the previous rates. This is the internet penetration rate, which is reducing because the users are using smartphones or other devices to use the internet so the rate is deflecting overall but increasing in terms of certain specific countries.
b) Discuss what the new numbers’ change mean for globalization and possible arising opportunities, taking into account Porter’s 5 competitive forces and 3 competitive strategies
The new number change indicates various meanings for the globalization process and the opportunities that are yet to come can be identified with the help of Porter’s 5 competitive forces. Analyzing three of the five forces will help the company in the following ways:
- The threat of new entrants: it has been noted that technological advancement has led to the coming of new technologies every day. This will lead to further changes in the rate of internet users globally and will become a huge part of the globalization process. The technologies might allow individuals to be highly effective in conducting the communication process and other activities.
- The threat of substitutes: the substitutes or similar technologies that are present might lead to the closing of the interest of the population for the technologies that are currently available leading to a reduction in the globalization process.
- Bargaining power of customers: the customers relate to the users of technology or the internet. This power will be high as the users get the opportunity to avail new options in terms of using the technologies or the internet (MM, 2015).
a) A retail company has noticed that one of its brands is not selling as well as anticipated. What information systems of the business will you use to determine the reason for the poor sales? Discuss what information you will retrieve from which system. Which of the information systems will be most important for your analysis? Which of the systems will be the least important?
The determination of the poor sales in the company can be identified with the help of the different information systems given below along with the different information that can be retrieved from the system.
Transaction processing system: the system will allow the understanding of the day-to-day transactions that are being carried out in the company and keep track of the transaction processing. This system can be used to gain information regarding the sales of the company and the income that is being generated by the company.
Management information system: this system will allow the company to understand the performance of the company. There will be the retrieving of the information regarding sales and other various inputs present in the company.
Decision support system: this system allows the company to conduct the decision-making process effectively. This system will give information regarding the financial planning of the company and the other financial aspects of the company.
As per the required criterion, it has been noted that the transaction processing system and the management information system will be suitable for conducting the analysis, and the decision-making system is the least important (Smith and Wong, 2016).
b) Your Brother asked you for your suggestions to make his business, a local sandwich shop, more efficient. Describe at least three types of business processes that a sandwich shop has. Can any be better coordinated through the use of information systems?
A sandwich shop has various processes that are important to be carried out by the shop. Three important processes are given as follows:
Management process: the management process will be allowing the shop to conduct the activities of accounting, keeping track of the logistics, recruitment process, and the management of the employees in the shop.
Housekeeping: this process will ensure the hygiene of the shop, cleaning, and maintenance of the shop.
Waiting: this process involves the service of the shop to the customers, which includes waiting at the tables, delivering the products, and taking orders.
The management process can be effectively coordinated with the help of the management information system by keeping track of the information of the shop on different levels.
c) Describe at least two benefits of using enterprise systems.
The benefits of using enterprise systems are as follows:
- Efficiency: There will be improvement in the efficiency of the different processes by streamlining the business processes and making the working of the process more efficient.
- Cost reduction: There will be savings in the cost of production of the company as there will be a reduction in the operational costs, there will be a reduction in administrative costs, and allow the company to manage the operations through one single system (Pearlson et al. 2016)
d) Explain the relationship between the Firm, its IT Infrastructure, and its Business Capabilities
The IT infrastructure relates to the different system capabilities that are present in a firm. It has been noted that there is a deep relationship between a firm, its IT infrastructure, and its business capabilities, as all the elements are interconnected. The IT infrastructure in the current world of technology relates to most of the processes being conducted in the company. The business capabilities that are present will ensure that the infrastructure of the company will be effective in achieving the goals and objectives of the company (Sassen, 2016).
Several IT megatrends are shaping and transforming the way we do things, the way we do business and the way interact with each other. Explore the Web and discuss five of these mega-trends, with justification, in terms of their significance and importance for business effectiveness and efficiency.
Some of the mega-trends that are evolving in the world of information technology which will allow the sharing and the transforming the process of conducting a business and the interaction process in the business are given as follows along with the understanding of their significance and importance for the business effectiveness and efficiency.
- Internet of Things: The Internet of Things will help the business by focusing on the connection between the different devices with the help of the different network systems available. This will allow the business process to be carried out more smoothly so that the company can retrieve information and other necessities effectively.
- Fintech renaissance: the use of this technique involves the conduction of the transaction process with the help of payment that will be carried out by using fingerprints or eye retinal scanning and many others. This will ensure that the business can gain an easier transaction process.
- Augmented reality: The new system will be trending in terms of using smartphones. This involves the use of the Heads up Display (HUD) connected to the Smartphone that is in use by the individuals. This will help the companies in minimally as these HUDs are individual purpose objective (Retief et al. 2016).
- Bots: this is the most effective technology that is currently in use by different companies and individuals. The use of bots will help businesses understand and carry out certain activities in terms of notifying employees of any important information.
- Blockchain: this technology allows the appropriate storing, authenticating, and protecting of the data to be stored by the companies. This will ensure that the records are being maintained by maintaining a chain of the data that are related. Read more at 'Assignment Help'.
MM Group, 2015. World Internet Users Statistics and 2015 World Population Stats.
Pearlson, K.E., Saunders, C.S. and Galletta, D.F., 2016. Managing and Using Information Systems, Binder Ready Version: A Strategic Approach. John Wiley & Sons.
Retief, F., Bond, A., Pope, J., Morrison-Saunders, A. and King, N., 2016. Global megatrends and their implications for environmental assessment practice. Environmental Impact Assessment Review, 61, pp.52-60.
Sassen, S., 2016. The Global City: Strategic Site, New Frontier. In Managing Urban Futures (pp. 89-104). Routledge.
Smith, L.C. and Wong, M.A. eds., 2016. Reference and Information Services: An Introduction: An Introduction. ABC-CLIO.
Related Link: Assignment Help in Australia
Thanks for delivering the economics assignment on time. Due to my part-time job, I was unable to do the assignment by myself but my friend sent me a link to your website, I ordered and got the assignment.John, Sydny
This is the cost effective website because they provide free samples and live one on one session although they provide a samples of every topic in a very cheaper rate.Lauria, Melbourne
My friend recommended me this website and he was so confident about the services of My Assignment services. I didn't want to fall short of grades. Luckily, I relied upon my friend and agreed to get assignment.Anthony, Perth
Thanks to No1AssignmentHelp.Com for supporting in making my dissertation chapter wise.Ravi, Newcastle