Submission Details of Assessment
The assessment task is due on the date specified by your assessor. Any variations to this arrangement must be approved in writing by your assessor.
Submit this document with any required evidence attached. See instructions below for details.
Purpose of the Assessment
This task will provide the opportunity to demonstrate that you have the ability to set personal work goals and to prioritise them.
This task uses a fictional case study organization, Adept Owl Games, to simulate a business for you to work in.
For this task you are required to:
use organizational information to help you to identify personal work goals and prioritise them.
develop two work plans to achieve two personal work goals.
keep a journal describing how you the process of managing work priorities.
1. You are to imagine that you have just been selected to take up the role of Office Administrator within the Operations team of a fictional case study organization, Adept Owl Games (refer Organisation Chart in Adept Owl Games Company Information handout).
Amongst your responsibilities, your new role includes the need to:
Use office equipment
Purchase stationery and consumables
Use computer technology
Communicate with other staff and suppliers using electronic media
2. Review the Mission, Vision, Values, Strategic Directions and policies and procedures contained within the Adept Owl Games Company Information handout.
3. In your Journal, list the organisation’s policies, procedures and plans that you think will influence the goals to be set for you in your new role. How, you think, will it show that you are a positive role model in your workplace?
4. Using the information from steps 1 and 2, identify four to five personal work goals.
Document the goals in your journal and describe why you have chosen them and how they will help you in your new job.
5. Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that you can use to measure performance in relation to each of the identified work goals from step 3.
Document the KPIs in your journal and describe:
a. How you will gather the data relating to each KPI;
b. What factors may affect your ability to maintain performance and how you will manage these;
c. What you believe are your own personal strengths and how you will use these to achieve your personal work goals;
d. What you believe are your own personal weaknesses and how you will minimise the effect of these on achieving your personal work goals.
e. Revise step 4 as per KPI that may be set by your supervisor (assessor)
6. Priorities the identified personal work goals from highest to lowest and record the priority rating for each one in your journal. Describe the process and factors you considered to priorities them.
7. Choose two of the personal work goals that you believe are the highest priority.
8. Consider what activities you could carry out to achieve the two personal work goals. Using the template provided in Appendix 1 as an example, use Microsoft Word to develop a work plan each of the two goals.
9. In your journal, describe why you chose the work activities documented in your work plans.
10. In your journal, describe:
a. How goal setting, prioritization and work planning help to demonstrate an organized approach to a work role;
b. How work planning can help to maintain an appropriate work–life balance, manage stress and maintain health.
11. Submit the required evidence to your assessor as indicated below. Be sure to keep a copy for your records.
Evidence that you need to submit to your Assessor
What your assessor will be looking for evidence of
● use of literacy skills to interpret written job descriptions, business plans, policies and procedures, etc.
● use of organisational skills to set and achieve priorities
● application of principles and techniques of performance measurement:
○ identification of personal behaviour to assist in managing work priorities and work–life balance
○ goal setting
○ time management
● application of organisational policy, plans or procedures to setting or planning the achievement of personal work goals
● application of knowledge of work practices to improve personal performance.