This assessment task requires you to develop policy and procedures for performance management for Boutique Build Australia. While the organisation currently has a performance management policy, it is outdated and needs revising. The Managing Director has asked you to create a completely new performance management policy and procedure. He would like performance reviews to be conducted twice a year.
Following this you are also required to conduct a 30-minute training session for Boutique Build Australia managers on the new performance management policy and procedure.
This assessment is to be completed in the simulated work environment in Newton College.
- Access to textbooks and other learning materials
- Computer with Microsoft Office and internet access
- Space with a screen and projector for presentation
Your assessor will advise you of the due date of these submissions.
- Email with performance management policy and procedures and performance management presentation attached
For your performance to be deemed satisfactory in this assessment task, you must satisfactorily address all of the assessment criteria. If part of this task is not satisfactorily completed, you will be asked to complete further assessment to demonstrate competence.
You will be provided feedback on your performance by your assessor. The feedback will indicate if you have satisfactorily addressed the requirements of each part of this task.
If any parts of the task are not satisfactorily completed, the assessor will explain why, and provide you written feedback along with guidance on what you must undertake to demonstrate satisfactory performance.
Re-assessment attempt(s) will be arranged at a later time and date.
You have the right to appeal the outcome of assessment decisions if you feel that you have been dealt with unfairly or have other appropriate grounds for an appeal.
You are encouraged to consult with the assessor prior to attempting this task if you do not understand any part of this task or if you have any learning issues or needs that may hinder you when attempting any part of the assessment.
Assessment Task 3 Instructions
Complete the following activities:
- Develop performance management policy and procedure
Conduct research by identifying and reviewing a range of performance management policies and procedures from other organisations.
Then develop a performance management policy and procedure for Boutique Build Australia that addresses all of the following:
- Purpose of the policy
- To whom the policy applies
- Number of times a year that a performance review is to occur for each employee
- Summary of purpose of performance reviews
- Simple step-by-step procedure for organizing and conducting the performance review meeting
- Templates used to record performance
- Identifying performance gaps and providing feedback
The policy and procedure must be written in your own words and be clear and concise. As a guide your policy and procedure should be approximately 2 pages.
Save the document as Performance Management Policy and Procedure.
- Develop training presentation
Prepare a training session for your managers.
Prepare for the training session by developing a PowerPoint (or another presentation program) presentation, including notes within your slides to assist you in conducting the session.
The presentation should address the key points in the new performance management processes that you developed in the previous activity.
You will also need to research effective communication skills for Managers for use in conducting performance reviews.
You should prepare a minimum of 8 Power Point slides that include visuals and images to add interest.
Save the file as Performance Management Presentation
- Send an email to your assessor.
The text of the email should be in grammatically correct English, written in an appropriate (polite, business-like) style.
It should introduce and summarise the contents of the attachments, ask them for their feedback, and ask for the place, date and time of your training session.
Attach your Performance Management Policy and Procedure and Performance Management
Presentation to the email.
- Conduct the training session.
Now conduct the training session as per your preparation, provide the opportunity for questions
You will need to demonstrate effective communication skills including:
- Speaking clearly and concisely
- Using non-verbal communication to assist with understanding
- Asking questions to identify required information
- Responding to questions as required
- Using active listening techniques to confirm understanding