BSBMGT502 Manage People Performance Assessment Task 2: Work Allocation Project
This assessment task requires you, in the role of Human Resources Manager of Boutique Build Australia, to meet with the Managing Director to discuss the company’s human resources priorities for the upcoming year and as documented in the company’s Strategic Business Plan. You will then need to develop a work plan for your team, as well as a risk assessment.
You will then need to meet your team to allocate the work based on the work plan you have developed, as well as use the opportunity to remind your team about their Code of Conduct responsibilities.
This assessment is to be completed in the simulated work environment in the Newton College.
- Access to textbooks and other learning materials
- Computer with Microsoft Office and internet access
- Strategic Plan
- Human Resources Action Plan Template
- Risk Management Plan Template
- Staff Code of Conduct
- Space for a meeting
- Roleplay participants
Your assessor will advise you of the due date of these submissions.
Email with completed action plan attached
Email with completed risk management plan attached
For your performance to be deemed satisfactory in this assessment task, you must satisfactorily address allof the assessment criteria. If part of this task is not satisfactorily completed, you will be asked to complete further assessment to demonstrate competence.
You will be provided feedback on your performance by your assessor. The feedback will indicate if you have satisfactorily addressed the requirements of each part of this task.
If any parts of the task are not satisfactorily completed, the assessor will explain why, and provide you written feedback along with guidance on what you must undertake to demonstrate satisfactory performance. Re-assessment attempt(s) will be arranged at a later time and date.
You have the right to appeal the outcome of assessment decisions if you feel that you have been dealt with unfairly or have other appropriate grounds for an appeal.
You are encouraged to consult with the assessor prior to attempting this task if you do not understand any part of this task or if you have any learning issues or needs that may hinder you when attempting any part of the assessment.
Assessment Task 2 Instructions
Carefully read the following:
Boutique Build Australia Pty Ltd is a boutique building company based in Sydney that specialises in the design and build of high quality designer homes for the Sydney metropolitan and surrounding areas. The company has been operational for three years.
As the Human Resources Manager for the company, you are responsible for a small team of staff including the Human Resources Support Officer and the Learning and Development Coordinator. The Learning and Development Coordinator is a new appointment in place for the last two months.
As the Human Resources Manager, you are responsible for:
- Taking a key and at times leadership role in the development and implementation of generalist HR strategies, policies and projects.
- Identifying, designing and implementing general HR strategies and solutions to achieve agreed outcomes relating to: organisational design, organisational change, performance management, workforce and strategic planning and other generalist HR activities inclusive of effective negotiation and consultation with staff.
- Taking ownership of the HR results and outcomes.
- Providing high level, timely and professional advice to senior managers and staff, in interpreting and implementing human resource policy including: change management; HR planning; industrial relations; retention, performance management; workplace health; and organisation development and change.
- Delivering a high level of proactive and reactive support, management and advice to managers and staff in employee relations, encompassing, equal employment opportunity/diversity case management.
- Leading developing and motivating a small team.
- Contributing as a HR team member to develop and/or enhance policies, procedures and systems to support HR ‘best practice”.
- Representing and providing high level advice and support on internal and external forums and committees.
- Developing effective, collaborative relationships and networking with all internal clients and external stakeholders.
- Assisting the team to produce best practice learning aids and presentations
- Producing a quarterly review of people statistics and analysis for distribution to internal stakeholders
The Human Resources Support Officer is responsible for:
- Recruitment processes ensuring the needs of the business are met in addition to adherence to legislative and internal policy requirements.
- Delivery of inductions to new employees within the office meeting legislative compliance measures as well as equipping new employees with necessary orientation information.
- Management of WHS incident reporting identifying improvement processes to minimise repeat incidents.
- The facilitation of ergonomic assessments and report analysis resulting in recommendations for individual requirements.
- Liaison point for workers compensation claims between insurance company and staff.
- Implementation and maintenance of the Human Resources Information System.
- HR metrics and reporting.
- Assistance to the HR Manager in strategic HR projects.
- HR administrative support including tasks such as maintenance of personnel files; maintenance of HR specific records on the share drive; reporting requirements relating to surveys and performance management cycles etc.
- Other duties as required.
The Learning and Development Coordinator is responsible for:
- Contribute to the delivery and evaluation of training and education programs to staff
- Contribute to the design and development of resource materials for use in the delivery of education and training materials for use in the delivery of training programs to staff
- Ensure that records are kept and maintained of all training activities
- Report to and cooperate with Human Resources Manager
- Ensure that all Policies and Procedures are implemented and complied with
The company also employs the following staff:
Managing Director, Operations Manager, Marketing and Sales Manager, Sales Consultants (4), Office Manager, Human Resources Manager, Construction Manager, Site Manager (2), ProductionDraftsperson (2), 6 Carpenters and a range of contract staff, including plumbers, electricians, tilers, painters and plasterers.
The workforce is predominantly male with the only four females employed (the Office Manager and the three
Human Resources positions).
The company’s vision as stated in its Strategic Plan is to be the best boutique home builder in Australia. Its
values are listed as quality, innovation, leadership, respect and honesty and reliability.
Complete the following activities:
Meet with the Managing Director (your assessor).
Review the case study information above, as well as the Strategic Business Plan prior to meeting the Managing Director (your assessor).
The purpose of the meeting will be to discuss the development of a work plan for your team for the coming year to ensure that operational objectives for 2018 – 2019 are met as outlined in the organisation’s Strategic Business Plan. Make notes on any questions that you have.
The Managing Director will discuss the following information with you:
- Overall strategic goals
- Operational objectives
- Resources available
During the meeting, you will need to demonstrate effective communication skills including:
- Speaking clearly and concisely
- Using non-verbal communication to assist with understanding
- Asking questions to identify required information
- Responding to questions as required
- Using active listening techniques to confirm understanding
Develop an action plan
After the meeting, you will need to develop an action plan for the human resources team based
on the meeting discussion.
Use the Human Resources Action Plan Template to guide your work.
The plan you develop should consider all of the information provided to you at the meeting and include:
- Actions (focused on achieving operational objectives)
- Responsibilities (ensuring that task are allocated as appropriate to the staff member’s level ofresponsibility and to maximize efficiency in terms of completing groups of similar actions)
- Performance indicators
You will also need to develop a risk assessment to assess the likelihood of negative events preventing the company in meeting the actions as specified in the work plan you have developed and the likely consequences of such events.
Save this document as Completed Human Resources Action Plan.
Write a risk management plan
Review the Risk Management Plan Template and complete the risk assessment table.
Save this document as Completed Risk Management Plan
Send an email to your assessor.
The text of the email should be in grammatically correct English, written in an appropriate (polite, business-like) style.
It should introduce and summarise the contents of the attachment and ask for the place, date and time of a meeting so you can discuss these documents with your team.
Attach your Completed Human Resources Plan and Completed Risk Management Plan to the email.
Meet with the team to discuss the work plan and allocate tasks
Meet with your work team to discuss the work plan, allocate tasks and confirm performance standards and work outputs as per your plan, as well as agree on performance indicators for tasks.
As you have also decided that this is a good opportunity to remind staff of Code of Conduct requirements, you should review the Code of Conduct provided to you ahead of the meeting so that you are able to explain key requirements to staff.
At the meeting:
- Provide an introduction to the meeting, including the purpose of the meeting.
- Provide a copy of the work plan.
- Explain that the work plan is based on the Strategic Business Plan objectives.
- Go through each of the actions, responsibilities, timelines and performance indicators.
- Explain the key themes of the Code of Conduct and employee responsibilities.
During the meeting, you will need to demonstrate the effective interpersonal and communication skills including:
- Team building techniques including clear explanation of goals and outcomes
- Asking questions and listening to responses to clarify understanding
- Active listening skills
- Respecting and acknowledging the views of others
- Non-verbal communication skills that encourage discussion and feedback, for example, nodding, smiling, eye contact.
Related Link: Assignment Help
Thanks for delivering the economics assignment on time. Due to my part-time job, I was unable to do the assignment by myself but my friend sent me a link to your website, I ordered and got the assignment.John, Sydny
This is the cost effective website because they provide free samples and live one on one session although they provide a samples of every topic in a very cheaper rate.Lauria, Melbourne
My friend recommended me this website and he was so confident about the services of My Assignment services. I didn't want to fall short of grades. Luckily, I relied upon my friend and agreed to get assignment.Anthony, Perth
Thanks to No1AssignmentHelp.Com for supporting in making my dissertation chapter wise.Ravi, Newcastle