Submission Details of Assessment
The assessment task is due on the date specified by your assessor. Any variations to this arrangement must be approved in writing by your assessor.
- This is an open-book assessment.
- You are to read each question carefully and understand them before you write answers.
- You MUST answer the questions in your own words.
- You have to write answers in the space provided. You can use extra sheets if your answers does not fit in the given space. Please give proper reference of questions when using extra sheets.
- You must answer all written questions satisfactorily as part of this assessment to be deemed Satisfactory for this assessment
Q1 a. What do you mean by an operational plan?
Q1 b. List the types of information that may be included in an operational plan.
Q1 c. What is the difference between a strategic plan and an operational plan?
Q1 d. How can an operational plan assist an organisation to achieve its objectives?
Q2. Mention any two examples of situations where you would seek input from internal and/or external specialist resource managers when developing an operational plan for an organisation.
Q3 a. Provide a list (at least two) of key performance indicators (KPIs) that can be used to measure the performance of the following areas.
- Resource utilisation
- Performance of employees
- Market share
Q3 b. List three different approaches to developing KPIs to meet business objectives.
Q4. Contingency plans require the identification of a potential risk and an assessment of that risk.
- List any three areas of risk facing a call centre with examples.
- Briefly mention the potential impact of those risks.
Q5. Briefly explain what disaster recovery planning means and what it involves.
Q6. Briefly explain why it is important to do the following:
- Determine resource requirements
- Develop and implement consultation processes
- Develop KPIs to measure organisational performance
- Develop contingency plans
- Present resource acquisition proposals effectively
- Obtain approval before implementing the operational plan
Q7. Briefly explain what standard operating procedures are and how they are used by organisations.
Q8 a. Briefly explain why budgets are prepared.
Q8 b. List the main expenditure categories that should be included in a budget.
Q9. Identify two systems that could help you
- Monitor performance more effectively and
- Manage performance more effectively.
Q10. Provide a description of the following terms:
- Balance scorecard reporting
- Triple bottom line reporting
Q11. Answer the following questions about dealing with problems when managing operational plans:
- Why do problems occur in the implementation and management of operational plans?
- What type of problems may be encountered?
- How can these problems be addressed?
Q 12. Explain how operational plans are developed by using the following approaches.
- Basic strategic planning
- Goal based planning
- Alignment planning
- Scenario planning