This assessment is to be completed using the case study provided.
· Access to textbooks/other learning materials
· Access to Canvas
· Computer with Microsoft Office and internet access
· Your assessor will advise you of the due date of this assessment via Canvas.
· This completed workbook.
For your performance to be deemed satisfactory in this assessment task, you must satisfactorily address all the assessment criteria. If part of this task is not satisfactorily completed, you will be asked to complete further assessment to demonstrate competence.
You will be provided feedback on your performance by the Assessor. The feedback will indicate if you have satisfactorily addressed the requirements of each part of this task.
If any parts of the task are not satisfactorily completed, the assessor will explain why, and provide you written feedback along with guidance on what you must undertake to demonstrate satisfactory performance. Re-assessment attempt(s) will be arranged at a later time and date.
You have the right to appeal the outcome of assessment decisions if you feel that you have been dealt with unfairly or have other appropriate grounds for an appeal.
You are encouraged to consult with the assessor prior to attempting this task if you do not understand any part of this task or if you have any learning issues or needs that may hinder you when attempting any part of the assessment.
Task 2 –Written Report
In this assessment, you are required to read the case study below and complete the tasks that follow.
|Case Study |
ABC Corporation has been in the automotive industry for more than 50 years now. It has around 500 employees stationed in 50 different branches around Australia.. It has been provided car detailing services to car owners all over the country.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, its management planned to create an Employee Health and Wellness team to take care of the health and wellness concerns of all employees.
Employee Health and Wellness team will take care of every employee’s annual medical checkup, weekly health checks, mental health trainings, wellness program, weekend workout sessions and yoga sessions held every Friday 5PM-6PM.
The primary goal of having an Employee Health and Wellness team is to ensure every employee is safe, healthy and able to contribute to the company’s productivity every single day.
Part A – Plan human resources relevant to projects
Create a Human Resources Matrix to outline the following:
- Resource requirements for each project task identified in the case study
- Skills and knowledge of individuals and groups matched with project tasks
- Personnel allocation to the project according to planned work outputs and project timeline
- Human resources management (HRM) methods and tools that needs to be in place to support personnel performance
Part B – Implement project personnel training and development
Develop a Project Personnel Training and Development Plan for your project and make sure to detail the following:
- Project role descriptions to organisational personnel as defined and to be communicated to personnel
- Training and development plan for implementation to project team members including:
- training priorities
- training methods
- expected outcomes
- training providers
- indicative cost
- delivery dates
- How to measure individuals’ performance against agreed criteria and actions to be undertaken for shortfalls in performance
Part C – Lead project team
Assume that you have just implemented the Project Personnel Training and Development Plan, write a report of not less than 300 words discussing the following:
- What processes for improving individual performance and overall project effectiveness were implemented and how did you implemented them?
- What monitoring and reporting strategy did you use for remedial action of internal and external influences on individual and project team performance and morale?
- What procedures did you implement for interpersonal communication, counselling, and conflict resolution?
- What inter-project and intra-project resource conflict did you encounter and how you managed the conflict?
Part D – Finalise human resource activities related to projects
Develop a Personnel Performance Review Report discussing the following:
- How you plan to disband the project team according to organisational policies and procedures?
- Human resource issues encountered and what improvements would you like to recommend to managing the project human resources provided in the case study.