Assessment method: Written Task: short answer questions
Words Count: 1200-1400 words
Assessment Task 1: Short Answer questions
For this assessment, students are required to demonstrate their knowledge and skills when working within a trauma informed care practice/framework. Students will write a report addressing eighteen (18) questions.
You are required to answer the series of questions below. For these questions you are required to submit written answers to each question. Your total response should be approximately 1200 – 1500 words long (60-80 words per question).
You may work in groups to research and discuss answers, but each person is to hand in individual work. This means being careful not to write exactly the same answer as others in your group – the group helps you learn, but you need to put your answers in your own words.
You must address each question specifically, for e.g.
- Question 1 (write the question)
- Question 1 (your response)
You must use at least five (5) references/sources for this assignment. (Note: Wikipedia is not a valid source of information). Please also ensure that you reference your work. Refer to the link below for referencing guidelines.
Please answer the following questions
1. What are the values, core principles and features of trauma informed care and practice.
2. What is evidence based practice and how is it used in trauma informed services?
3. How does gender make a difference in the application of trauma informed care?
4. Why should you work collaboratively with the client to record and complete required documentation?
5. What are three accepted procedures organisations might use to evaluate the options of bringing in specialist support and/or appropriate referral?
6. What are the methods that can be used to facilitate and support the referral of services for the client?
7. How would you follow-up referrals to ensure the client’s needs are being met?
8. How would you incorporate recognition of the impact of trauma in the development of individual support plans?
9. How could you reflect on aspects of current service practice and programs to identify areas for improvement?
10. How would you regularly gather feedback from the client and others to identify potential areas for improved trauma informed service practices?
11. Why is it important to identify service policies, procedures or practices that could potentially contribute to traumatisation and re-traumatisation?
12. What are some change strategies and plans you might develop to strengthen trauma informed practice?
13. Provide a list of at least 5 issues that should be discussed in a trauma informed supervision session.
14. How might you reduce or minimise experiences of vicarious trauma?
15. Describe the different safety aspects to be taken into consideration throughout the delivery of trauma informed care.
16. Identify at least 3 strategies to proactively review programs, services and plans?
17. Briefly discuss change management theories and frameworks. The following links may be used:
18. What are some conflict resolution and negotiation techniques you might use when working with people who have experienced trauma?