- List 4 ways that a tenant enquiry may be received into the agency.
- What is the difference between a fixed term lease and periodic lease?
- Name at least 3 legislative or regulatory requirements that will impact on leasing property?
- a) Name at least 4 areas of reference you would check during the tenant screening process
b) What specifically are you looking for when checking these references?
- What are some ethical and conduct standards that agents may have to follow in relation to leasing property?
- What is the purpose of establishing a rapport with tenants?
- What are examples of promotional materials which can assist with the leasing of property?
- List at least 4 questions you could ask to qualify a potential tenant.
- What are some examples of effective questioning techniques?
- How would you respond to a tenant who makes a rental offer on a property that is $20 per week less than the asking price?
- What are the benefits of a property inspection for a tenant, agent and a landlord?
- You need to show 2 different properties to a potential tenant.
- a) The first one is vacant and undergoing renovations
b) The second one is currently tenanted
Outline the procedures you would follow to show these two different properties.
- List the 4 mandatory documents you will need to complete when signing up a new tenant to a property.
- What information is generally included in a tenancy application form?
- Name at least 3 examples of criteria which can be used for tenant selection.
- Name at least 2 circumstances that a landlord can terminate a lease.
- Explain the procedure you go through once an application has been approved to:
a) Execute the lease
b) Place the tenant in the property
Ensure to include any relevant activities required to be completed after the tenant has signed the lease.
- What might tenancy agreement or lease documentation include?
- What type of information would be recorded on an entry condition report?
- What information needs to be recorded and filed relating to property lease?