You work for an international restaurant company, and the CEO of the company wants to introduce a new chain of fast food stores in the US market for 2021. Your team is charged with the following tasks:
- Develop a new retail chain concept that can be brought to market by 2021. The food products should have broad appeal for the US market (i.e., nothing illegal or distasteful).
- Present a five-year marketing plan to upper management that includes a description of the products and the retail outlets, a summary of the existing competition, and recommended promotion strategies that can help to sustain sales volume and profits for several years.
- The CEO is especially concerned about the risks of a recession in the next 2-3 years, so your plan should consider ways to make the new chain less susceptible to recession.
- 5 components — product description, competition summary, marketing and promotional strategies, recession resilience, and presentation quality. Allocate most of your effort to the economic components of this analysis.
- One presentation to summarise.