ICT50715 – Diploma of Software Development - ICTICT418
|ICTICT418 Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
|ICT50715 – Diploma of Software Development
The assessment task is due on the date provided by the assessor. Any variations to this arrangement must be approved in writing by your assessor. Submit this document with any required evidence attached. See specifications below for details
The candidate must demonstrate skills, knowledge, and understanding of promoting the use and implementation of innovative work practices to effect change, as states the unit of competency ICTICT418. Throughout this program you are to demonstrate knowledge in:
· discuss codes of ethics pertinent to the computing industry
· discuss federal and state or territory legislation and policy relevant to an ICT environment and relating to:
§ access and equity
§ copyright and intellectual property
§ workplace health and safety (WHS)
· outline organisational communication processes and procedures
· outline organisational requirements for customer service
· discuss the security features of server operating systems
· Explain system security procedures.
And foundation skills in:
Table: ICT Information and Communications Technology Training Package
|In this assessment, you will attend report writing activities based on your research and understanding of relevant Intellectual Property laws, ethics and professional practice in the IT industry.
1 You will need to follow instructions below and address all activities required.
2 This is an individual and group activity where each candidate will be assessed individually and group wise;
3 Complete all activities and submit assessment evidence (including these papers) to your assessor the date specified by your assessor (see submission details).
4 Referencing: All findings from the internet or other sources must be referenced as per standards laid by APA referencing guide at APA referencing guide.
Your assessor will be looking for evidence of:
· Analyse legislation and standards relating to professional conduct and privacy in the IT industry
· Contribute to the development of a code of ethics and monitor the workplace to ensure code of ethics is being applied and is appropriate
· Relevant organisational policies, legislation and standards documentation.
· Industry codes of practice.
Written Question and Group Project
Task 1: Written Question (Individual)
Part A (1.1, 1.2)
Use the Internet to research the following terms and phrase and provide an appropriate description with one example involving the ICT or digital media industry: (the objective is that you can understand the terms and use them appropriately and in the right context). DO NOT copy and paste text from the Internet, you must use your own words.
- Intellectual property
- Access and equity
Part C (2.1, 3.1)
Assume that you are working in an advertising agency as a communications writer. Your company have designed and implemented several advertisement posters for “Recruitment Company”. The client has asked you to clarify who owns the copyright of the:
- Graphics designed by you and included in the poster
- Photographs were taken by you and included in the poster
Check the necessary copyright law in Australia and in company; write a letter to the client detailing the copyright of all above mentioned items requested by the client.
Task 2: Written Question (Individual) (1.2, 1.3, 2.1, 3.2, 4.1, 4.2)
Task : Written Question (Individual) (3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 4.4, 5.2)
Compare and contrast the Code of Ethics & Conduct of ACS and your educational institute. If there is no code of practice to be found for the institute, draft code of practice for your institute by following the ACS Code of Ethics and Code of conduct. In your draft focus on how they protect the rights of the stakeholders in terms of:
Accessing URL for relevant documentation (Educational Institute and ACS Code of Ethics and Code of conduct) are as follows.
Task 4: Group Project (Two students only)
WebArt is a Sydney based new Web Design Company that specialises in the custom graphic design, web design, web development, web hosting, search engine optimisation and e-commerce solutions. They are building a brand from scratch or improving an existing website design. They have only one office and 15 dedicated highly professional and experienced employees. As a Policy Analyst of a newly established and growing company research about current Australian Privacy Policies and Code of Ethics of work place. You need to perform given task to establish a safe and healthy working environment:
- Draft the Privacy Statement and code of ethics for the given scenario. (3.2, 4.1, 4.3, 5.1, 6.1)
- Outline a plan indicating how you are going to communicate the Privacy Statement and code of ethics to ensure that all employees are aware of the policy. (4.2, 7.1)
- Outline a plan indicating how you are going to ensure that the policy and ethics are maintained overtime. (5.1, 5.2, 7.2)
- Create a form or procedure that employees can use to lodge a privacy and code of ethics complaints or grievance. (5.3)
- Provide a list of all references and sources.
Design feedback form to collect feedback from stakeholders for the privacy statement and code ethics. (6.2, 6.3, 6.4, 4.3, 7.3)
Related Link: Assignment Help
Thanks for delivering the economics assignment on time. Due to my part-time job, I was unable to do the assignment by myself but my friend sent me a link to your website, I ordered and got the assignment.John, Sydny
This is the cost effective website because they provide free samples and live one on one session although they provide a samples of every topic in a very cheaper rate.Lauria, Melbourne
My friend recommended me this website and he was so confident about the services of My Assignment services. I didn't want to fall short of grades. Luckily, I relied upon my friend and agreed to get assignment.Anthony, Perth
Thanks to No1AssignmentHelp.Com for supporting in making my dissertation chapter wise.Ravi, Newcastle