IMKTC1 Marketing Communication Assignment Answers 2020
Test Specification Table
|Propose an effective and efficient marketing communication mix (A3, PLO9)
|Present a marketing communication plan to achieve clearly specified objectives (A2, PLO10)
Individual Assignment (60%):
|Question Vs Taxonomy
|Marketing communication mix
|Marketing communication plan
This is an individual assignment and the assignment represents 60% of the total marks for this module.
You are a Marketing Manager for an organisation in Malaysia. You have been assigned to devise an Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) Plan with an allocated budget of RM2 million for a marketing communication campaign to promote a new product or service that the company is planning to launch towards the end of the year of 2020.
The organisation and product chosen must be from either ONE of the following industries:
- Personal care and beauty
- Information Technology (IT)
- Fast moving consumer goods (FMCG)
Your IMC plan for the above product or service should include the following:
The background of the company and the profile of the product that you are going to introduce to the market in Malaysia.
Analyse and evaluate the organisation’s internal and external environment.(Using a model; SWOT) You are expected to perform an environmental analysis and competitive analysis by using market and company information (e.g. annual reports, sales, market share, etc).
You are required to evaluate 3 internal and 3 external and 2 competitive analysis. You are required to compare with 2 close competitors. (Analyse product, Market share, quality) (Find the PoP and PoD)
You should provide the outcome of the analysis (SWOT).
Target Market & Positioning
Identify the most appropriate market segment (or target audience) in which to promote the product and describe the target market profile. Provide reasons for the selection. Justify the value proposition for your target market.
It should included
- Target market profile
- Explain the characteristic of the target market.
In the position, you should choose one USP and justify using the competitive analysis /target market in part (B)
- USP must be under one of the PoD from the competitive analysis.
- Choose one PoD. ( Brand quality, Low price, Bad color)
Marketing Objectives and IMC Objectives
Provide at least THREE (3) relevant objectives that meet the SMART criteria. Differentiate clearly the marketing objectives and IMC objectives. You have to identify 1 marketing objective and 2 IMC objective.
A minimum of four (4) IMC tools must be used with relevant justification.
- Tools that are used should ne relevant to the target market.
- Keep in mind that you have a limited budget and in should be in MALAYSIA.
- You should be straight to the point. Ex- Advertising- Media and TV
- Student should discuss in more details. Ex: Which TV channels, how frequent, between which show.
- Example 2: Internet- (What type of medium?) Social Media (ex Youtube video)
- Example 3- Sales promotion – Free sample. Will be distributed in shopping malls.
Budgeting and Scheduling & Justification
A schedule involving the different types of IMC tools used should be presented in the plan with relevant justification. You should ensure figure are realistic .
Scheduling should be represented using a Ghantt chart with brief justification.
Do not exceed 2 Million RM
Evaluation and Control & justification of the evaluation criteria and control strategies used
The evaluation and control activities used to measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the plan should be presented.
Marketing obj - Increase sales
- How will you increase sales?
Example 2: Brand awareness
- How? By doing brand recognition
- After 1 month, carry out survey to see if customer can recognize the brand.
Referencing and Citation
Usage of appropriate citation and reference according to Harvard Referencing Style.
The assignment must adhere to the academic documentation standards:
- The report should not be more than 2,500 words (excluding appendices, references & etc.).
- Usage of appropriate citation and reference according to the Harvard Referencing Style in order to avoid plagiarism.
- Font type; Times New Roman. Font size; 12 pts.
- Vertical / line spacing; 5-line spacing.
- Use your own words to convince your understanding of the topic discussed instead of “cutting and pasting”. The total word count should be 80% derived from your own ideas in elaborating the detailed discussion.
- Referring to wikipedia.com or similar sites as a source is not permitted.
- Diagrams, figures, tables etc. may be included without word penalty.
- A sliding scale of penalties for excess length will be imposed according to the amount by which the limit has been exceeded.
For limit excess:
11 - 20% 10% reduction in the mark
21 – 30% 25% reduction in the mark
31% + the work will be capped at a pass i.e. 50%
Point to note: maximum penalty for exceeding the word limit will be a reduction to a passing grade.
The assignment cover page should contain information as stated below in order:
- P.U Logo
- Module Name and Code
- Assignment Title
- Assignment Descriptions (Individual Assignment)
- Intake Number
- Hand out and Hand in dates
- Lecturer’s Name
- Word Count
Table of Contents
The table of contents should follow the title page. It must list the Roman numeral sections and the page on which each section starts. The table of contents may be more than one page long. The table of contents page(s) does not have to be numbered.
Body of the written entry
The body of the written entry begins with an Introduction and continues in the sequence outlined above. The first page of the body is numbered 1 and all following pages are numbered in sequence. The numbered pages continue through references.
All the references used in the assignment should be given on this page and must be in Harvard Referencing style.
Appendices are optional. Include in the appendix any exhibit appropriate to the written entry but not important enough to include in the body; these might include sample questionnaires used, newspaper articles, general background data, etc.
The criteria below detail the areas, which will be taken into account when the assignment is marked. Each piece of assessed work will be awarded a percentage between 0 and 100%. The grades awarded will be marked according to the following criteria:
75% + This is equivalent to a Distinction and would represent outstanding performance. The work should show a thorough understanding of the issue together with a high degree of analysis and critical evaluation.
65 – 74% This is equivalent to a Credit. This would represent extremely good work
demonstrating an in depth understanding of material and sound analysis and conclusion.
50 – 64% This is equivalent to a Pass. Work in this category should demonstrate good application of the main principles to the question set and provide a well-balanced view.
0 – 49% This represents a failure to pass demonstrating a poor command of the knowledge of subject area combined with an inability to interpret the question.
- You should include the Coursework Submission and Feedback Form with your submission. The lecturer will issue the CSFF before the submission date.
- Plagiarism is NOT Representation of another person’s work as your own, without acknowledgement of the source, for the purpose of satisfying formal assessment requirements is considered plagiarism. The possible consequences of plagiarism may include:
- Reduced grade for this module
- Referral for this module
- Failure of this module
- Expulsion from the institution
- All submissions must be made before the due date. If your work is submitted after this due date, NO mark will be given.
Related Link: Assignment Help
Thanks for delivering the economics assignment on time. Due to my part-time job, I was unable to do the assignment by myself but my friend sent me a link to your website, I ordered and got the assignment.John, Sydny
This is the cost effective website because they provide free samples and live one on one session although they provide a samples of every topic in a very cheaper rate.Lauria, Melbourne
My friend recommended me this website and he was so confident about the services of My Assignment services. I didn't want to fall short of grades. Luckily, I relied upon my friend and agreed to get assignment.Anthony, Perth
Thanks to No1AssignmentHelp.Com for supporting in making my dissertation chapter wise.Ravi, Newcastle