Information Security Case Study With Questions And Answers
Information Security Case Study With Questions And Answers is a system designed to keep the integrity, confidentiality, and accessibility of computer system data from those with malicious intentions. It is a set of tactics for managing the tools, processes, and policies required to perceive, preclude, formulate and counter malicious threats to digital as well as non-digital information. The primary responsibilities include instituting a set of business processes that will defend information assets irrespective of how the date is arranged. Information security is a detailed subject and it needs to be studied in a cautious manner and information security case study with questions and answers will help you go deeper into the matter.
Need for information security:
It doesn’t matter how large/small your business is and what sort of industry you are in information security and a specific program is an essential component of any organization. Information security should contain an all-inclusive set of information security business policies and procedures, which forms the foundation of any information security program.
There are different types of an information security program and are listed below:
- Protected health information (PHI)
- Personally, identifiable information (PII)
- Proprietary information
Whatever sort of plan you choose, you should have a thoroughly developed information security program, and that only will provide you with a holistic approach for how to protect the information for which you are solely responsible.
Basic principles of information security:
Confidentiality is the very first principle of information security, and it does mean that information is not accessible to people who are unauthorized to look at it. Take, for instance, usually, companies keep their payment to employees as a secret one, and they never disclose it with anyone. If a worker willingly accesses all the official payroll records and find out how much a co-worker is getting, it will certainly be a violation of the principle of confidentiality.
Methods usually used to protect the confidentiality include:
- Encryption of data
- Two-factor authentication
- Distinctive user IDs
- Setting strong passwords.
In the context of information security, integrity does mean that people can readily trust that the information in a business organization has not been intruded anyway. Take an accounting department in an organization, and the entire accounting team needs to be sure all the time that expense data, sales data, and all the related data are accurate so that they can easily formulate quarterly financial statements. If an organization failure to provide the right economic data and provide something that is false, probably it will cause serious trouble later. Access controls and file permissions are some essential things that can be implemented straightaway to help guard the integrity of an organization.
This kind of information security system means that if an authorized person needs access, he/she can view the data. It merely implies that the authorized person can alone display the data and have accessibility is readily available to them.
- As the computer system is a pile up with so many vital data, IT departments should make sure that their policies are kept reliable as much as possible.
- Not only does this apply to lost data, but also it is used when access to a system is delayed for a specific period.
- To keep up the accessibility of critical assets, it is essential to formulate a disaster recovery plan, and you need to perform regular backups periodically.
What to know about information security?
- Only a very few people in a business organization are capable of taking up the slack if there occurs an in existence in the leaders’ position when it comes to safeguarding the digital assets.
- Managers who are not ready to accept the accountability for information assurance will undoubtedly fail to fulfill their legal and fiduciary responsibilities and probably take the organization in a risky position.
- Today numerous companies come without security policies. When it comes to information assurance, the organizations without security policies are considered rudderless. Technically efficient people can only defend the organization in such situations against malicious threats, and they are the right people to create and execute an excellent information security plan.
Yes always! It’s right to do!
It is right for you to do an information security case study with questions and answers and always endeavor to do better and accomplish more and go above the stated regulatory guidelines. With a right, you will probably build trust and help your customers understand that your company has integrity and higher values in a way that becomes very personal to them as well.
Related Link: Case Study Assignment Help
Thanks for delivering the economics assignment on time. Due to my part-time job, I was unable to do the assignment by myself but my friend sent me a link to your website, I ordered and got the assignment.John, Sydny
This is the cost effective website because they provide free samples and live one on one session although they provide a samples of every topic in a very cheaper rate.Lauria, Melbourne
My friend recommended me this website and he was so confident about the services of My Assignment services. I didn't want to fall short of grades. Luckily, I relied upon my friend and agreed to get assignment.Anthony, Perth
Thanks to No1AssignmentHelp.Com for supporting in making my dissertation chapter wise.Ravi, Newcastle