Leadership Program for Endeavour Questions With Answers
- PROPOSED LEADERSHIP ACTIVITY
- PROPOSED LEADERSHIP ACTIVITY
Please summarise, in words that can be understood by a person outside your field, details of your proposed leadership activity, why you chose your proposed host organization and what your proposed program is intended to achieve. Also provide details, including proposed dates and locations of any proposed fieldwork and/or internships (maximum 300 words)
Today scientists focused on finding alternative options to overcome the obstacles of delivering treatment to the posterior eye using a Nanotechnology-based approach. Recent advances in nano-scale research create an innovative and promising future to enable a prolonged drug release, reduce the number of injections, and therefore, decrease the expected negative complication regarding maintaining a constant release of the drug to the posterior segment of the eye.
The (WHO) World Health Organization released news that the total population worldwide in 2017 was around 7.5 billion, of which 253 million people suffer from vision impairment and 36 million are blind (4.8%). More than 80% of people are aged 50 years or older Vision loss and blindness are major health problems that cannot be ignored in the elderly population.
My proposal program aimed to design an effective drug career using Lactoferrin bound nanoparticle technology (LAB technology) as a facile platform of ranibizumab (anti-angiogenic ) delivery for the treatment of neovascular age-related macular degeneration.
It would be an honor to get such an opportunity to work as a part of the team of the University of South. Professor Andrew currently working on drug delivery systems using Nano-bio materials such as nanosuspensions, polymeric gels, gel-forming solutions, ocular inserts, and implants, especially in the treatment of Age-related Macular Degeneration.
I chose the University of South Florida (USF) as my nomination institute because it offers a diverse range of support services such as guidance and counseling and provides opportunities for the global exchange of people and ideas that promote intercultural competence and appreciation.
My contribution will be on designing a novel Lactoferrin Nano-carrier and uploading with ranibizumab, studying the physio-chemical characterization of these nanoparticles, investigating the drug release properties, and an in vitro study of their therapeutic effect towards the corneal and conjunctival cells. The timeframe for the research will be covered in six months.
- Enhancing the internationalization of Australia’s education, training, and research sectors ;( 200 words):
- Explain how the proposed activity will enlighten collaborative partnerships with key institutions in countries of strategic policy ;( see Appendix A in program guidelines).
This proposal will enhance the international collaboration with the USA research institutes and will identify complementary nano technologist expertise with leading people such as Professor Andrew. In addition, it will provide access to world-class facilities that will enable activity that would not otherwise have been created in the field of nanotechnology in particular drug delivery systems. Such activity will also involve the exchange of ideas, data, and/ or joint publication; establishing future collaborative projects, generating funding, graduate or undergraduate training, many publications in referees’ journals, patents and spin-off companies.
- Describe how partnerships will strengthen the capacity of Australia’s education, training and research sectors.
- Through access to skills and resources that Australia does not have; accelerated progression of research; benchmarking; training; and leveraging of Australian funds. for example, attending the International Conference on Nano Science and Nanotechnology will be as an opportunity to meet potential collaborators, develop new collaborations and also maintain and strengthen existing relationships.
- Outline any anticipated educational, social, economic or other benefits for the same.
- Through advancing a world-class nanotechnology research and development scheme/program, foster the transfer of new technologies into products for commercial or public benefit, developing and sustaining educational resources, a skilled workforce, and a dynamic infrastructure tool set and to advance nanotechnology; and supporting responsible development of nanotechnology. Nano-enabled products are worth roughly US $1 trillion annually, which is expected to become US $3 trillion in 2020.
Recently I published a chapter entitled “Based Delivery to the Posterior Segment of the Eye: Brighter Tomorrow” in the Drug Delivery for the Retina and Posterior Segment Disease book was published with Andrew.
- This study program would be a beneficial partnership between Australia and the host country- USA. Firstly, this project will foster exposure to my expertise in nanobiotechnology gained through my IIE-SRF fellowship at Deakin University in 2014 to 2016 and allow for research from several perspectives and experiences, contributing to global solutions for global problems of macular degeneration. Secondly, it will also provide me an opportunity to work with US researchers thus contributing to developing my skill set as well. This new international collaboration between the two countries will build on strong foundations to extend and enhance research and innovation through partnership.
- Rebuilding a disrupted academic career is not only about learning a new system of funding, job applications, and institutions. It’s getting an institutional affiliation that will provide credibility, library access, and a whole host of practicalities we might take for granted. Our national Academics for Refugees network has already agreed to help develop research collaborations with displaced scholars, spreading the potential benefit from my mentee to others in Australia.
- I would always benefit from working alongside professionals and research peers. This project would help me make the links and networks needed for scientific collaboration and reduce professional isolation. In this environment where thinking and developing will help me in the scientific breakthrough in an area that is important as Nanobiotechnology. I’m a highly skilled research scientist whose area of expertise is critical for the health and well-being of people globally, I’m highly motivated to do so and this project would be the vehicle for me to do so.
- Alignment with Australian government strategy (Max 200 words)
- Explain in detailed how the proposed activities would enhance collaborative partnerships with key institutions in countries of strategic policy;
- Summarize how the proposed program activity aligns with Australian government priorities for education, training and research.
- The national strategy for international education 2025
- The national innovation and science agenda
- Increasing opportunities for institutions and individuals in regional Australia
- Promoting participation of underrepresented groups including indigenous Australian
- Such networks usually start from converging interests, but other factors stimulating international collaboration include sharing costly research equipment, improvements in communication technology, increased global research capabilities and an expanded pool of trained researchers
Encourage durable collaboration between institutions and organizations by building sustainable academic networks, strengthening exchanges among students and staff, and enhancing exchanges of knowledge and practices.
- Development of individuals’ knowledge and expertise (Max 200 words).
- Describe how the proposed activities would support your professional development program. As well this question is so difficult and different.
International scientific interchange is highly appreciated by employers. The European Commission found that non-mobile students are 23% less employable than students affiliated to Erasmus Plus (European Commission 2014). As well pointed out by Standley, employability is enhanced through intercultural competence and language skills developed during time abroad (Standley 2015). Personality traits including adaptability, confidence, curiosity, decisiveness, serenity and tolerance of ambiguity, among others, are usually stimulated after international experience. According to the European Commission, interactions with a foreign educational system improved teaching quality in more than 80% of participants in international programs of scientific exchange (European Commission 2014). Importantly, scientific exchange and international mobility also have a positive impact on the careers of well-established scientists.
I tried to read through the net about general topics and I got these paragraphs.
Partnership and Collaboration collaborative projects, generating funding, graduate and undergraduate training, many publications in referees’ journals, patents and spin-off companies.
Collaborative partnerships with industry continue to be an important element of WIN's Strategic Plans. WIN has hosted visits, arranged roundtables and convened workshops to help faculty establish industry connections and develop funding applications.
The 'Open Innovation' concept provides a means for companies to access key knowledge and innovation via a strong partnership with a university.
Why partner with a research institute?
Partnering with Waterloo Institute for Nanotechnology (WIN) at the University of Waterloo is an investment in the future. It’s about the generation of new knowledge and the creation of top talent. It’s about innovation that can be commercialized.
We have a rich history of partnership. From large corporations and government agencies to small spin-off companies and the 3,500 employers who hire our coop students every term. Combined with an intelligent, entrepreneurial community, WIN is the "partner of choice" to develop new ideas, source highly qualified talent, transfer technology, and start innovative new projects in nanotechnology.
If I were awarded the Endeavour fellowship, I aspire to be a great biomedical scientist who contributes new techniques for the treatment. I will be able to continue my dream and passion for continuing my academic work and research which become to be impossible for me due to an unsafe country situation. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to continue my research in my home country because of war and the threats to my safety over there. These situations force me to leave my country and be in Australia as one of the International Institute of Education-Scholar Rescue Fund, US. I was able to pursue my work and research at Deakin University (Sep 2014- Oct 2016). Continuing my research that I had started in the second year of IIE-SRF
2016 which outlined designing novel NAB technology using Lactoferrin as a nano-carrier.
Being a successful applicant of Endeavour would improve my educational skills, which would help me reach my ambitions of high-quality education and work toward nurturing the country’s future independent leaders. Also, this would allow me to work in favor of society, improving the services of those important institutions and benefiting my community. Such an opportunity will change my life as it would give me the compulsory background to become the great professional I want to be. Without Endeavour, I would be prevented from realizing my dreams of benefiting other people with my daily work.
- Development of leadership skills (max 200 words)
- Set out the skills and attributes you possess that will enable you to use this opportunity to develop as a leader in your field.
- Explain how the proposed activity will develop your leadership skills and build on your ability to contribute to your study, training, research, or professional field on your return to your home country.
To address challenges and improve productivity, performance, and competitiveness.
The proposed Nanocarrier
The proposed activity regarding designing Lactoferrin bound nanoparticle technology (LAB technology) will address the challenges regarding the side effects of polymeric materials and it will be safe and suitable for intravenous usage of poorly soluble drugs. Unlike the desolation or emulsification methods, LAB nanoparticle technology does not require surfactants or polymeric materials for preparation.
Related Link: Assignment Help
Thanks for delivering the economics assignment on time. Due to my part-time job, I was unable to do the assignment by myself but my friend sent me a link to your website, I ordered and got the assignment.John, Sydny
This is the cost effective website because they provide free samples and live one on one session although they provide a samples of every topic in a very cheaper rate.Lauria, Melbourne
My friend recommended me this website and he was so confident about the services of My Assignment services. I didn't want to fall short of grades. Luckily, I relied upon my friend and agreed to get assignment.Anthony, Perth
Thanks to No1AssignmentHelp.Com for supporting in making my dissertation chapter wise.Ravi, Newcastle