Leading and Managing in Global Environment: Part B–A2 Assignment –Final Individual Assignment
Word count:2500 words
The aim of the assignment is to consider the different ways in which the work motivation of people doing a specific job can be improved to lead to increased job satisfaction and work performance.
Identify ONE job –it might have been done by you personally, one you have managed or one that you have little direct experience. You are advised to choose a job where there is plenty of scope to offer improvements.
The following should be covered in your assignment:
1.DESCRIPTION:A brief description of the job, the job context and the main tasks and duties.
2.APPLICATION OF MOTIVATION THEORIES:
- Apply THREE different theories of work motivation to the job to generate potential job changes with the aim to improve job satisfaction and work performance.
- Evaluate these potential job changes to determine which ones are suitable for implementation. The evaluation criteria could cover, e.g., the ability of the job holders to adapt to the changes, the opportunity for the changes to occur in the organisation and return of investment of the changes.
- Based on your evaluation process, state the final job changes to be proposed.
- Describe the expected consequences of the job changes for the job holders and organisation.
- Consider if all job holders will react the same way to the job changes and explain why some job holders might react differently.
This is likely to be the longest section of the assignment and consequently contribute the most to the mark
Summarise and evaluate the above process as a technique to enhance work motivation.
Your analysis must be theoretically driven using a range of theories to guide your analysis.