Duration: 20 minutes
Value (of total mark): 40%
Related Learning outcome/s: 3., 4., 5.
This assessment task allows students the opportunity to consolidate their learning on a chosen global health challenge/priority through dissemination of information to a target audience of their peers.Students are required to develop a 20-min digital presentation based on the research that they conducted for the Global Health Report in Assessment Task 2. Students will extend their critique of the information researched in the Global Health Report to develop some recommendations based on challenges and opportunities identified in addressing the particular challenge/priority in the country that they have chosen. This assessment task allows students the opportunity to consolidate their learning on a chosen global health challenge/priority through dissemination of information to a target audience of their peers. The presentation will be supported by a PowerPoint slideshow and pre-recorded to be submitted to Learn line as a video file.
Revisit your Global Health Report from Assessment task 2
- a.Further develop recommendations for action based on the challenges and opportunities identified in addressing the particular challenge/priority in the country that you have chosen.
- b.You will answer the question-“What actions would you recommend are taken to address the health care challenge/priority that you have researched?”.
- c.This may require you to do a little further reading.
2. Develop a PowerPoint presentation using the sections/headings given below to support your presentation.
- a.Remember that your target audience is your peers, language and expression used should be suitable to this group.
- b.You may include relevant audio/visual aids within the presentation such a pictures, graphs, video clips and sound bites.
- c.These aids should be carefully selected and not take up no more than 7 minutes of the presentation in total.
- d.Slide numbers are given as a guide here-you may use more as needed, but the total (excluding reference slides) should not exceed 20
Title slide(1 slide)
The title of the presentation, your name (and student number), the name of the course and the course code.
This section includes information on what will be covered throughout the presentation. It also introduces your topic and highlights its relevance along with any key terms of reference.
Global Health Challenge(3-4 slides)
This section is where you clarify in detail the global health challenge that you have chosen in the context of your chosen country. Provide relevant population statistics, data on health care outcomes, information on contributing factors, etc. This section may include relevant tables and graphs, but please choose these carefully as they should not make up the majority of your content and their relevance should be clear. You will also use this section establish the significance of your findings in relation to corresponding Australian health outcomes/status.
It is here that you will present your recommendations for action based on the challenges and opportunities identified in addressing the particular challenge/priority in the country that you have chosen.
The Conclusion of the presentation reinforces the points raised in the body sections and ties these together in concluding statements.
References(slides as needed)
Images and A/V aids used throughout the presentation should be appropriately acknowledged in CDU APA 7thstyle in-textwhere relevant. An accurate reference list in CDU APA 7thstyle will be provided at the end of your presentation in the final slides.
3. Once you have developed the framework of your presentation, consider how you might introduce anelement of engagement.
- a. You are required to use at least one element and it should take up no more than 5 minutes of the presentation.
- b. These are techniques or brief activities which can help your audience to stay with you during the presentation and connect with the information that you are presenting.
- c. Some examples might be posing rhetorical questions, proposing a quick brainstorm, asking the audience to reflect on something, etc..
4. When your slide show is complete, and you have introduced at least 1 element of engagement it is time to develop as script as you will be recording yourself presenting it.
5. There are a number of different ways in which you may choose to record this. The final recording should be saved as an MP4 file.
6. Some suggestions are;
- a.Simply within PowerPoint-https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/record-a-presentation-2570dff5-f81c-40bc-b404-e04e95ffab33
- b.Using Camtasia, which is an add-in that allows you to record within PowerPoint and has some additional functionality
- c.Using your MS Teams app in Office 365 available to all CDU students-https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/education_ms/forum/all/how-would-you-record-a-presentation-along-with/1f72e5d3-073e-470a-86ef-50004aeb6a88
- d.Any other software/mode of your choice that will generate an MP4 file Acceptable sources of information for this task:
- Professional and government websites
- Textbooks or peer-reviewed journal articles published within the last 10 years Unacceptable sources of information for this task:
- Internet blogs
- Social media
- Unattributed sources Please ensure that you read the corresponding rubric for this task to maximise your marks