Unit Title: Strategic Leadership
Maliban Biscuit Manufactures Limited
You are applying for the role of Marketing Executive within the Maliban Buscuit chain and, as part of the interview process, you are required to discuss the concept of marketing as well as its role within the organisation.
Further to this you will have to explain how marketing interrelates with other functions
within the business.
This will be a 10-minute presentation as part of the interview. Your presentation should cover
1. Introduction to the concept of marketing, including current and future trends 2. An overview of the different marketing processes.
3. Explanation of the role and responsibilities of a marketing manager in the context of the organisation.
4. An explanation of how marketing influences and interrelates with other functional departments of the organisation.
5. The value and importance of the marketing role in the context of the organisation.
6. Conclusions that emphasise the significance of having effective inter relationships between different functional departments.
< 1x Report (circa 2000 words) – excluding appendices
Task 2 of 2 – Marketing Plan (AC 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 4.1 & 4.2)
You have now joined the Maliban group of companies as a Marketing Executive. You are
asked to develop a marketing plan for your organisation.
1. A section in which you perform a PESTLE analysis and review Porter’s 5 forces relevant to your organisation.
2. A section with a SWOT analysis and a stakeholder analysis of your organization.
3. A section in which you should develop SMART strategic objectives for the
4. A section concerning the market segment. This section should
a. Discuss how market segments could be used for the organisation.
b. Select one or more market segment(s), justifying your decision.
c. Propose and justify a brand positioning for the targeted market segment.
5. A section concerning the marketing mix. This section should
a. analyse the significance of the marketing mix for the organization.
b. contain a pricing, promotional and distribution strategy for one of its product ranges or categories.
< 1x marketing plan (circa 2500 words) – excluding appendices
< Each section must reflect any supporting Harvard style citations
< A comprehensive Harvard style reference list must be included at the end of the